Knitting/How to crochet vamp

Question
I am trying to crochet slippers from a pattern and am having a really hard time understanding the directions.The pattern says:" Starting at toe, with MC, ch 4, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn". "Easing to fit, sew toe and ends of rows on 1 Vamp, centered to 19 sts at toe of 1 side". When I have sole & side, i don't know where I start and "starting at toe" what does it mean? "in each ch across, turn" what does it mean?
Because, I am a beginner of crochet. Please, help me.
Thank you so much!

Answer
The sole and the side are done.  At the toe of the sole and using main color, chain 4.  Single crochet in second chain from the hook and in each chain across and turn.  Now using a large needle sew the side onto the sole- easing it to fit.

Hope this helps

Knitting

Carol Forbes