Knitting/Recommend replacement yarn for wool

My granddaughter would like an aran sweater but is alergic to wool.  The pattern calls for Merino Cable by Trendsetter.  Would you recommend a replacement, possibly in cotton, that would be appropriate, please.

Thank you for your help.

I knit using acrylics.  I would recommend Tamm yarns.  These are available at the Knit Knack shop in Indiana (order on line)  Check any yarns to see if they knit up to the same gauge if there is a pattern printed on the paper band.  I usually use a 4 ply, Tamms Nordic, or double strand Tamm's 3 ply Astro.  

Carol Forbes

I can answer questions about machine knitting. I am familiar with most made-in-Japan machines, main beds and ribbers. I am most familiar with Studio and Brother. I am not familiar with Passap.

I was a Studio and a Brother dealer for ten years in Wisconsin. I still knit and design every day.

none but you can see my work on my website