Knitting/Recommend replacement yarn for wool

Question
My granddaughter would like an aran sweater but is alergic to wool.  The pattern calls for Merino Cable by Trendsetter.  Would you recommend a replacement, possibly in cotton, that would be appropriate, please.

Thank you for your help.

Answer
I knit using acrylics.  I would recommend Tamm yarns.  These are available at the Knit Knack shop in Indiana (order on line)  Check any yarns to see if they knit up to the same gauge if there is a pattern printed on the paper band.  I usually use a 4 ply, Tamms Nordic, or double strand Tamm's 3 ply Astro.  

Knitting

Carol Forbes