Knitting/Making Mittens bigger

I really want to make this free pattern I found on ravelry as an adult size.

how do I adjust the pattern to make these bigger without messing up the design?

I would just keep the design of the robot the same and cast on more stitches on either side of the design.  Remember to wrap (or cross) your yarns when doing an isolated pattern so you do not get a hole when changing colors.  I did not see the pattern directions as I do not join sites like this (get too much spam)

The back looks like a simple repeat pattern that could be easily extended over a few more stitches.

Add more rows above and below the robot and make the fingers longer.

When making mittens I always make the cuff much longer than any pattern calls for -- about 5 inches for adults so the cuff goes way up into the sleeve of the jacket or coat.  

Carol Forbes

I can answer questions about machine knitting. I am familiar with most made-in-Japan machines, main beds and ribbers. I am most familiar with Studio and Brother. I am not familiar with Passap.

I was a Studio and a Brother dealer for ten years in Wisconsin. I still knit and design every day.

none but you can see my work on my website