Knitting/Problems with dog sweater pattern

Question
First attempt at making doggie sweater for my grand kids dog. Have done fine until I got to the sleeves part. I do not understand what to do with the following instructions: Sleeves
At each leg opening, with RS facing and CC, pick up and knit 14 sts each on Front and Back/Back and Front 28 sts.
Work in K2, P2 Rib until sleeve measures 2 1/2 (3 1/2) [6.5 (9) cm]. Bind off loosely in pattern.

lefthandedrn

Answer
Are you using double pointed needles?  If so put 7 stitches from the front leg hole on the first needles, 7 stitches from the back of the leg hole on needle 2, 7 mores stitches from the back of the leg hole on the third needle, and the last 7 stitches from the front on the last needle.  Then knit 2 1/2 inches of ribbing in the round.  

Knitting

Carol Forbes