Knitting/raglan sleeve shaping in ribbing

Question
QUESTION: I am using a pattern from Tahki Stacy Charles, Filatura Di Cosa for the Bow-Tie Pullover. The pattern calls for raglan sleeve shaping on the body, front and back as follows:  Starting with 96 sts  BO 5ts at beg of next two rows.  Dec as follows  K2 K2tog, knit to last 4 sts ssk, k2 every right side row in stockinette st.
the sleeves are in ribbing k2p2.with 92 sts on needle pattern calls to shape raglan same as back and front.  I am having a problem keeping in ribbing pattern while trying to follow decrease which is done on the knit side of the front and back
Can you help???
Maybe I am missing something simple but any advice appreciated.2gy76

ANSWER: I would keep the last 4 stitchs on each end in stockinette, making the change to keep in pattern on the reverse side.

QUESTION: I will try it I am not sure what you mean "to keep in pattern on reverse side"  As I keep decreasing I end up having to combine a knit and pearl in same stitch when have to k2 tog and ssk

Answer
You begin with binding off 5 stitches of a right ide row.  Do the next 4 stitches in stockinette.  Then on the next row (reverse side) bind off 5 stitches and do the next 4 in stockinette (purl them).

Knit 2, k 2tog,  You have 3 knit stitches.  Pattern to the last 4.  These last 4 should be knit stitches.  Then ssk and k2.  That ends th row with 3 knits.  

On the next row (reverse side) Purl the first 4 and the last 4 stitches.  This should keep the first 4 and last 4 stitches in stockinette.

Sorry if I was not clear the first time.  

Knitting

Carol Forbes