Knitting/adjusting the neck opening of a round neck jersey

I have completed a round neck jumper for a 9year old girl, only to find the neck opening is too small for her head.I would appreciate a simple way to remedy this. The jersey is in a plain colour, knitted in stocking stitch, with a 2x2 rib neck. The pattern used is King Cole-Children in need- 1003,  66cm chest.
Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

Sadly, the only thing I can think of to do is take the neck ribbing off and add a few stitches before you set the 2x2 rib pattern up.

If the jumper is done from the top down you would need to cut one of the stitches of the 2x2 rib and carefully pluck and pick up stitches.

Carol Forbes

I can answer questions about machine knitting. I am familiar with most made-in-Japan machines, main beds and ribbers. I am most familiar with Studio and Brother. I am not familiar with Passap.

I was a Studio and a Brother dealer for ten years in Wisconsin. I still knit and design every day.

none but you can see my work on my website