Knitting/Pattern no 1426. Snuggly Tiny Tots Dk

I have reached the sleeves. Pattern is saying.
Cast on 6 stitches, working in g-st throughout until work measures 6cm ending with rs row, leave these 6 stitches on a stitch holder.
Using 3 1/4 mm needles cast on 17 sits with rs facing knit across 6 stitches and cast on 8 stitches.

I have got as far as putting the 6 stitches onto holder, but don't know how to continue. Do I cut wool and start again and how do I mix in left over thread to stop unraveling.

Thank u.

It sounds to me like they want you to use another ball of yarn and cast on 17 stitches with 3 1/4 mm needles.  with the stitches on the stitch holder and with right side facing you, knit these 6 stitches from the stitch holder and at the end of the row cast on 8 more stitches.

If you do that there will be a loose yarn tail from the stitches that were on the holder but you can weave it in later.

Carol Forbes

I can answer questions about machine knitting. I am familiar with most made-in-Japan machines, main beds and ribbers. I am most familiar with Studio and Brother. I am not familiar with Passap.

I was a Studio and a Brother dealer for ten years in Wisconsin. I still knit and design every day.

none but you can see my work on my website