Knitting/Pattern no 1426. Snuggly Tiny Tots Dk

Question
I have reached the sleeves. Pattern is saying.
Cast on 6 stitches, working in g-st throughout until work measures 6cm ending with rs row, leave these 6 stitches on a stitch holder.
Using 3 1/4 mm needles cast on 17 sits with rs facing knit across 6 stitches and cast on 8 stitches.

I have got as far as putting the 6 stitches onto holder, but don't know how to continue. Do I cut wool and start again and how do I mix in left over thread to stop unraveling.

Thank u.

Answer
It sounds to me like they want you to use another ball of yarn and cast on 17 stitches with 3 1/4 mm needles.  with the stitches on the stitch holder and with right side facing you, knit these 6 stitches from the stitch holder and at the end of the row cast on 8 more stitches.

If you do that there will be a loose yarn tail from the stitches that were on the holder but you can weave it in later.

Knitting

Carol Forbes