Knitting/Difficulty with Pattern

Question
I was able to complete all the steps but ran into complication with the YOKE instructions. I placed the number of stitches on  my circular needle. But I am at a stand still with the next step. Join yarn.

Am I knitting in the round? Or do I join all the pieces together. I do not know what to do. Please help. (Part of instruction is below:

SLEEVES (make 2)
With smallest needles, cast on 37 (41, 45) sts. Work in K1, p1 Rib for 3/4 in. (2 cm), inc 6 (8, 10) sts evenly spaced
across last row 43 (49, 55) sts. Change to smaller circular needle. Work in Eyelet pattern until piece measures 7
(8, 9) in. (18 (20.5, 23) cm) from beg, end with Row 4 of Eyelet pattern.
Shape Armhole
Next Row: Bind off 3 (4, 5) sts, knit to end of row.
Next Row: Bind off 3 (4, 5) sts, purl to end of row.Place rem 37 (41, 45) sts on a holder.

YOKE
Place sts onto smaller circular needle in the following sequence: 22 (27, 32) Left Front sts, place marker, 37 (41, 45)
Sleeve sts, place marker, 49 (59, 69) Back sts, place marker, 37 (41, 45) Sleeve sts, place marker, 22 (27, 32)
Right Front sts 167 (195, 223) sts.
Next (Dec) Row (RS): Join yarn. *K to 2 sts before next marker, k2tog tbl, slip marker, k2tog; rep from * across
all markers, k to end 159 (187, 215) sts.
Next Row: Purl.
Rep the last 2 rows 12 (15, 18) more times, AT THE SAME TIME, when Yoke measures 2 1/2 (3 1/2, 4 1/2) in. (6.5
(9, 11.5) cm), shape neck as follows.

Answer
You are not knitting in the round.  You are using the circular needles as if they were straight needles because you have so many stitches.  Just put the pieces on just like they tell you and knit that decrease row.  Turn your work and do the purl row and you will see what is happening.  the marker are there so you will know just where to decrease.

Knitting

Carol Forbes