Knitting/finishing afhwm12 sweater

Question
QUESTION: I just finished knitting a mans v neck sweater and I'd either like to put it together myself or if you can recommend a finisher to put it together for me.

ANSWER: I do not know of any finisher in your area.  I always use the mattress stitch to put my pieces together.

QUESTION: I've never done this where do I begin?

Answer
Here is a link to show you how to do a mattress stitch, also called the invisible seam:

www.knittinghelp.com/video/play/mattress-stitch

There are others if you google  mattress stitch  .

I usually start at the wrist and work to the underarm.  Then I do the other sleeve to the underarm.  (I start here because it is easier to get your hand in the sleeve going this way.)  Then I work from the waist to the underarm on one side, then the other side, and it's done.  I often use a crochet hook to tuck ends but the large eyed darning needle works too.

Knitting

Carol Forbes