Knitting/Understanding a pattern

Question
Hi really in need of some help just wondered if anyone can help me work out how to knit the borders of the scalloped edged cardigan I am currently making. These are the instructions on the pattern -

"Join raglan seams. With rs facing. Using 3 1/4 needles start at right front, pick up and knit 7 sts, evenly along rib (41) sts evenly along straight edge, (32) sts evenly along shaped edge 9 sts from 11 sts cast off at top of right sleeve, (21) sts from 23 sts cast off at back of neck, 9 sts from 11 sts cast off at top of left sleeve (32) sts evenly along shaped edge, (41) sts evenly along straight edge and 7 sts evenly along rib. (199) sts

Starting with 2nd row of 1x1 rib work 1 row
Next row- rib 3, cast off 1st, (rib 8 cast off 1 st) 4 times rib to end.
Next row - rib to last 39 sts, cast on 1st (rib 9, cast on 1st) 4 times, rib 3.
Work 2 rows in rib
Up to this point I have done the pattern and I'm now stuck on the next section - I am not sure what it means when it says rib 3, (p1,k1,p1) all in next st? Does this mean rib 3 then p1,k1,p1 I the next st. Please can you help me make sense of this part
Many thanks Amy  
the next part of the pattern follows this -

Next row- * rib 3, (p1,k1,p1) all next st, rep from * to last 3 sts, rib 3 (297) sts
Next row cast off 6sts purl ways, purl into st 2 Rows below (this will now be referred to as dip 2 rows) cast off 1st st on right hand needle, * cast off 5 sts purl ways , dip 2 rows cast off 1st st on right hand needle, rep from * to last 7 sts, cast off rem 7sts purl ways

Any help will be great fully received many thanks in advance ;-)

Answer

You will be doing a triple increase every 3rd stitch.  This means to knit the first 3 stitches in ribbing.  In the 4th stitch do a p1,k1,p1 to increase 3.  rib the next 3 stitches, do a triple increase.  rib the next 3 stitches - do a triple increase - etc.  You should have 297 stitches when you finish the row.

Knitting

Carol Forbes