Knitting/shaping the neck on a sweater

Question
I am knitting the "sunshine tee" from Knit Simple Mag. S/S 2008.  I have come to the Shape neck and Shoulder part. I will enter the directions below.
*Bind off 5 sts at beg of next 4 rows,6 sts at the beg of next 2 rows, AT THE SAME TIME, using the sloped bind-off method, bind off center 12 sts and working both sides at once bind off 3 sts from each neck edge twice.*
I have bound off the 4 rows and 2 rows in the sloped bind off method and now have 24 sts on my needles.
??How to I do the next step of binding off the center 12 sts and side 3 sts? Is this where I add another ball of yarn? Even then I'm not sure how to proceed.
I would be very grateful for any help!
Thank you.

Answer
I think they want you you to bind off 5 stitches work to 6 stitches less than center, bind off 12, start another ball of yarn and finish that row.

Next row: bind off 5,  work to the neck, change yarns, bind off 3 at the neck and finish the row.

Bind off 5, work to the neck, change yarns, bind off 3 at the neck and finish the row.

Bind off 6, work to the neck, change yarns, bind off 3 at the neck and finish the row.

Bind off 6, work to the neck, change yarn, finish the row.  

Knitting

Carol Forbes