Knitting/Child's Yoked Cardigan

Question
I am a fairly new knitter.  2nd row says *P1, k1, rep from* until 1 stitch remains, p1
Third row says continue in 1x1 rib as established.  So does that mean start with K1, p1 to end of row?

In later row after *K1, p2, pattern says to continue next row 2x1 rib as established.  So does that mean next row starts with P2, k1?
Hope you can explain this to me.  Thanks

Answer
When ribbing, row one establishes the pattern.  The next row you would purl the stitches that were knit in row one and knit the stitches that were purled in row one.

In your pattern row 3 would be *K1, P1, rep from * until 1 stitch remains, K1.  Row 4 would be the same as row 2 and row 5 would be the same as row 3.  

The other pattern, K1, P2 across ends with two purled stitches so you would knit the first two stitches and purl the third stitch then K2, P1 across.

Knitting

Carol Forbes