Knitting/Knitting

Question
Sorry to bother you people again.    The last row of my pattern says;    * k1,p2 tog; rep from* across.  Finish off leaving a12" strand, draw yarn thru remaining stitches, pull up tightly and fasten securely.  Turn cuff up along turning ridge and sew center back seam.  I don't understand  the " finish off".     Thank you

Answer
It means
this is how you end your project.  

You finish this item by cutting your yarn with a 12" tail and use this tail to put it through the remaining stitches, pull, and knot securely  Sew the seam and tuck the ends and it will be finished off.

Knitting

Carol Forbes