Knitting/BO for armholes

I have started on the back and will be BO for the armholes.  The following I do not understand that is on the pattern:

BO for armhole on each side for 2,1,1,1,1  (2,1,1,1,1)  2,2,1,1,1  (3,2,1,1,1) 4,3,2,2,1,1 st

I am knitting for 2 years old, so the first bracket numbers apply to me.  How and when do I start to BO.  I donít undertstand the (2,1,1,1,1).

Please could you kindly advise this knitting dummy!!

Looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

somewhere in your pattern it should say when to start the underarm (or the arms eye).  It should say something like knit 54 rows to the armhole or begin arms eye after 5 inches or something like that.

When you start the armhole you will bind off 2 stitches (just as if you were binding off at the end of a piece) and finish that row.  Turn your work.  Bind off 2 stitches and finish that row.  Now knit 2 together at the beginning of the next 8 rows.

You will have decreased 6 stitches from the right and 6 stitches from the left.

If this is a cardigan when you do the fronts you will be decreasing only at the left side (or the right side)  So you would bind off 2 stitches and finish that row and the next row.  Then knit 2 together and finish that row and the next row 4 times  and it should match the back.

Carol Forbes

I can answer questions about machine knitting. I am familiar with most made-in-Japan machines, main beds and ribbers. I am most familiar with Studio and Brother. I am not familiar with Passap.

I was a Studio and a Brother dealer for ten years in Wisconsin. I still knit and design every day.

none but you can see my work on my website