Knitting/socks

Question
I am a beginner and I just started knitting socks but I don't know how to connect the needles while casting on. Thank you!

Answer
If you are using 4 double pointed needles you would cast on 1/3 of the stitches onto one needle.  Then hold a second needle right next to the first but sticking up about a third of the way.  Cast 1/3 of the stitches onto the second needle.  Do the same with the third needle.  Now hold the 3 needles in a triangle and (using the fourth needle) knit the first cast on stitch off needle 1.

Some double points come in a pack of 5.  In this case you would cast on 1/4 of the stitches onto 4 needles, form a square, and knit the first cast on stitch off of needle 1 with the fifth needle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZJgFikjg_Q

I found this video that may help you.  

Knitting

Carol Forbes