Knitting/Raglan

Question
I need the four row instructions for knitting a raglan sleeve that will give me the row of 'Vs' running up the edge.  I see it in the picture but my knitting does not look that way.

Answer
Here is one way to decrease for a raglan:
At the beginning of row 1:  knit 1, slip 1 - knit 1 - pass slipped stitch over knitted stitch - knit to the last 3 stitches, knit 2 together, knit 1.  Row 2 purl all stitches.  Row 3.  Repeat row 1.  Row 4 repeat row 2.

or try this
row 1 knit 1 Put 2 stitches on a cable needle and hold to the front.  Knit the next 2 stitches together.  Put the stitches from the cable needle back on the knitting needle and knit 2 together.  Knit to the last 5 stitches.  Put 2 stitches on a cable needle and this time hold to the back.  Knit the next 2 together, put the stitches from the cable needle back on the knitting needle and knit 2 together.  Knit 1.  Knit the next 3 rows without decreasing.

Cast on a few stitches on a spare needle and try the two suggestions and use the one you think looks the best.  

Knitting

Carol Forbes