Knitting/Picot edge

Question
Hello
How do you knit a picot edge on a finished garment?? I have made a shawl and it has garter stitch rows for the border. I thought a picot edging would look nice to add to it. Boneyard Shawl
Thank you Bea

Answer
I would knit 2 rows of stockingette.  The next row I would knit the first stitch, [ knit 2 together - yarn over ] across the row and end with knitting the last stitch.  Then I would knit 2 more rows of stockingette.
At this point you can bind off or use raw stitches to hem to the first row of stockingette.  

After hemming, put your needle into the hem and pull ( to pop the yarn overs out).  Remove the needle and block lightly.

Knitting

Carol Forbes