Knitting/Blocking

Question
Cardigan
Cardigan  
I have just finished a cardigan for my grand daughter.  The body is garter stitch and the sleeves are stockinet, knitted in the round, with a garter cuff.  The sleeves seem narrow and the cuff flares.  Is it possible to stretch the width of the sleeve when blocking?  This would look better proportionately and the sleeve would slide over shirt sleeves more easily.  Thank you for your answer.

Answer
If you used wool you would need to wet block the sleeves.  If you have wires, they would be recommended.

If you used an acrylic yarn you could wet block or put a damp towel over the sleeve, preferably blocked with wires, and use an iron held so it just barely touches the towel.

Knitting

Carol Forbes