Knitting/any sock pattern

Can any sock pattern be used as a tube sock pattern??
Would you knit straight till you come to the toe??
Do you know of any tube sock patterns??
My plan is to make work/heavy worsted weight socks.
Thank you B.

Hello Beaa,

Yes, just about any sock pattern can be made into a tube sock. What you have to look out for is the feel of the sock under the foot. Some patterns, while great to look at on the top portion of the sock, may not feel that great when you walk on them.

There are many tube sock patterns out there. Here are just a few:

I hope this helps.  

Liver Chick

I can help beginning knitters sort out things like needle sizes, types of yarns to use and good starter patterns. Willing to translate some difficult patterns into plain English when clarification is needed. Recommendation of books and websites to learn new techniques. Sometimes you just need that friend to remind you that knitting is not about perfection and that you will get through that project that feels like its taking forever to complete.

A self-taught knitter who has been knitting for over 16 years. I have taught beginner knitting classes as well as some loom knitting classes in the past. I have taught at Michael's Craft store as a knitting instructor and have done private lessons as well. I enjoy knitting in public and am rarely found without my knitting needles or crochet hook sticking out of my purse. My favorite items to knit are baby blankets and scarves.

Member of the International Old Lacers Inc. (IOLI). Member of Lacey Ladies of Arizona.

Yarn Companies I've Designed for: North American Suri Company Made In America Yarns Galler Yarns Premier Yarns Sanguine Gryphon (now defunct) Design published in: Knitscene Accessories 2012

Associate of Arts degree with an emphasis in Theater Arts. Nine years as a professional costume designer.