What does end with WS (wrong side) mean?
What does ending on RS (riight side)?
Tthank you

Hello Lynn,

WS and RS are very common abbreviations used in knitting. When you are knitting, one side of your work is considered your 'right side', which is the side of your work that people will see, where as the 'wrong side', is what people will not see. Take for example a shirt with a cool design on the front. That cool design is printed on the 'right side'of the shirt. Now, if you turn the shirt inside out, you no longer see the design, because you are looking at the 'wrong side' of the shirt.

By labeling one side as right and the other side as wrong in knitting, we understand what side our patterns or color changes need to be on.

I hope this information helps.

Liver Chick

I can help beginning knitters sort out things like needle sizes, types of yarns to use and good starter patterns. Willing to translate some difficult patterns into plain English when clarification is needed. Recommendation of books and websites to learn new techniques. Sometimes you just need that friend to remind you that knitting is not about perfection and that you will get through that project that feels like its taking forever to complete.

A self-taught knitter who has been knitting for over 16 years. I have taught beginner knitting classes as well as some loom knitting classes in the past. I have taught at Michael's Craft store as a knitting instructor and have done private lessons as well. I enjoy knitting in public and am rarely found without my knitting needles or crochet hook sticking out of my purse. My favorite items to knit are baby blankets and scarves.

Member of the International Old Lacers Inc. (IOLI). Member of Lacey Ladies of Arizona.

Yarn Companies I've Designed for: North American Suri Company Made In America Yarns Galler Yarns Premier Yarns Sanguine Gryphon (now defunct) Design published in: Knitscene Accessories 2012

Associate of Arts degree with an emphasis in Theater Arts. Nine years as a professional costume designer.