Knitting/Loose knitting

Question
Iam using a knitting board Iam just asking if any one can help me
In the middle of my knitting  aim getting really loose stitches it  horrble

Answer
Hello Jeanette,

It sounds like your tension may be loose. You may need to pull a little tighter when you wrap your yarn around the pegs. Also, check to make sure that you didn't drop a stitch. One dropped stitch can make your work loose and start to unravel. Without actually seeing your work, I'm just guessing here.

I know when I use to teach loom knitting, new students would get frustrated because their work would start off very tight and then become very loose near the middle of their work. This is because when you first start off loom knitting, you are tense and that reflects itself in your work. As you get more comfortable with using the loom, your work gets looser as you finally relax and get into a nice groove. This can be frustrating, so I always recommend doing something small like a simple square. Then once you take it off the loom you can start on your actual project and since you are now relaxed and know what you are doing, you want have that fluctuation in your tension.

I do hope this information helps.

Knitting

Liver Chick