Knitting/top. cuff down socks

There lots of toe up sock patterns but l am looking for top down or cuff down sock patterns. Using the magic loop with one long circurlar knitting needle, using worsted weight yarn for a man. Do you know of any patterns??
Thank you Beaa

Hello Beaa,

There are many patterns that are top down using the magic loop.

Here is one that I found. You will have to subscribe to their site for the free pattern. But it's free and easy and well worth it for the free patterns:

I also suggest signing up at You can sign up for free there too. They have a huge database of patterns, both free and priced, and you can narrow your search to your requirements.  

Liver Chick

I can help beginning knitters sort out things like needle sizes, types of yarns to use and good starter patterns. Willing to translate some difficult patterns into plain English when clarification is needed. Recommendation of books and websites to learn new techniques. Sometimes you just need that friend to remind you that knitting is not about perfection and that you will get through that project that feels like its taking forever to complete.

A self-taught knitter who has been knitting for over 16 years. I have taught beginner knitting classes as well as some loom knitting classes in the past. I have taught at Michael's Craft store as a knitting instructor and have done private lessons as well. I enjoy knitting in public and am rarely found without my knitting needles or crochet hook sticking out of my purse. My favorite items to knit are baby blankets and scarves.

Member of the International Old Lacers Inc. (IOLI). Member of Lacey Ladies of Arizona.

Yarn Companies I've Designed for: North American Suri Company Made In America Yarns Galler Yarns Premier Yarns Sanguine Gryphon (now defunct) Design published in: Knitscene Accessories 2012

Associate of Arts degree with an emphasis in Theater Arts. Nine years as a professional costume designer.