Knitting/knitting

Question
QUESTION: Hi
Pattern reads :    Inc row RS K1 M1 to end 55sts
         K 2 rows without shaping

Cont increasing at necks edge as set by inc row on next and foll 3 alt rows then at          necks edge of foll 2 rows 61sts   

Please help and break this down for me to understand in a easier way

Thanks so much!!!!

ANSWER: On your increase row (right side of garment) knit 1, make one (either pick up a stitch from the row below or knit in the front and the back of the same stitch).  Continue to K1, M1 across the row. You should end with a knit stitch and have 55 stitches on the needle.

Increase only at the neck edge (work straight up on the arm hole edge)

Calling the increase row, row A, increase at the neck side on row B, D, F, H, I,and J.  Should have 61 stitches.  

Hope this helps.  

QUESTION: still not understanding could u break this down to even easier terms  

i am just little confused by your answer

thanks

Answer
Increase row: Right side of garment facing you with 27 stitches on our needle: Knit the first stitch, make 1 stitch 27 times.  Knit the last stitch.  There should be 55 stitches on your needle.

Turn your work.  Do the row increasing  1 stitch by the neck edge. (56 stitches)

Turn your work.  Do the row.

Turn your work.  Do the row increasing  1 stitch by the neck edge.  (57 stitches)

Turn your work.  do the row.

Turn your work.  Do the row increasing  1 stitch by the neck edge. (58 stitches)

Turn your work.  do the row.

Turn your work.  Do the row increasing  1 stitch by the neck edge. (59 stitches)

Turn your work.  Do the row increasing  1 stitch by the neck edge. (60 stitches)

Turn your work.  Do the row increasing  1 stitch by the neck edge. (61 stitches)  

Here is a video on How to make 1:

Work to the place where the increase is to be made. Insert the left needle from front to back into the horizontal strand between the two stitches: Knit the stitch through the back loop as shown. On the purl side, insert the needle from front to back and then purl the stitch through the back loop.

Learn to Knit : Increasing Between a Stitch ('Make One') M1 ...

https://www.lionbrand.com/faq/77.html  

Knitting

Carol Forbes