How to Know if He/She Really Likes You/Does he like me?

Question
Hi Nicolette.

About a month ago I met a guy who came to my city to give a three day lecture. The first day, it all went normal but the second day I couldn't attend in the morning because I wasn't feeling good but I told my friend to tell him I was feeling bad and I was going to attend in the afternoon. When I got there in the afternoon, he looked at me with deep eye contact and asked me how was I, then three minutes later he asked me how was I feeling. At the end of the lecture, he touched my back (I saw this gesture as I sign of support for the activity we just did but I don't know if it means something else) and he asked me again how was I feeling, then he asked why I was feeling bad and had the same deep eye contact, like he was looking into my soul. I also noticed that another girl didn't attend either because she had the flu and he didn't ask her how was she feeling or anything.   
After the lecture he said to everybody we could friend him on Facebook, so I sent him a friendship request which he accepted, two weeks later I saw he was on and I said Hi!!, he answered me with a simple Hello, I couldn't continue the conversation from there, I don't know if he was being cold, or he's shy or he didn't want to talk or that's how guys are or he didn't really like me. What do you think? I like him a lot !!.

Answer
Hello Melissa!

Thank you for writing in. Honestly, from what you've described in your letter, it sounds to me as if this guy most certainly does care for you - however, it seems to me as if he cares for you on a platonic level. The things that you've described in your letter don't really suggest any kind of romantic interest to me, but he most definitely does like you as a person, if that's any consolation. :) I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but I am only telling you what I think based on the information you've shared.

I hope that this helps, Melissa, and if you have more questions, I'd be happy to help.

Nicolette.

How to Know if He/She Really Likes You

Nicolette