How to Know if He/She Really Likes You/crush? i find this odd

Question
we went to grade school together then we switched schools and about a year ago he found me on facebook, added me as a friend and we started talking....im 30 and hes 34.....he has 2 kids and he has a criminal background...(not my cup a tea, with the criminal background..ex-con) ( I dunno what he's been in jail for, nor have I asked as of yet) i dont care about him havin kids...i love kids (i dont have any of my own)....he works 12hr shifts every other day....my bro said everyone has a past and he is a hardworking man who takes care of his kids and im sure he'll take care of you too...my bro said give him a chance and he told me to stop being a ... and actin all upptty.....what do you think, talk too him and see where it could go..... ? we've spoke for the past 4 days straight, he'll hit me up before I leave for work, during my lunch and before I go to bed...... he calls me bae...i dont mind, but I find it funny....he said he's always liked me....but he said he wont tell me when the crush started until we hang out...... I dont have a car and like I said its been 14 years....what do you think? thanks for your help

Answer
Hi Keisha,

Honestly, I think that you should go for it! Now, having that been said, I would also say proceed with caution. You want to dip your toes into the pool first rather that dive right in before you even know that there's water in it. :) Don't expect too much of him at this point, and take your time in getting to know him - don't rush to get to the relationship stage. Remember - slow and steady wins the race. ;)

I hope this helps Keisha, and if you have any more questions, I'm here to help.

Always,

Nicolette.

How to Know if He/She Really Likes You

Nicolette