How to Know if He/She Really Likes You/Friend of 5 months, boyfriend of last 2 months avoids my kiss

Question
In the last two months, I have been seeing this friend of mine. We kiss alot during and after being intimate(we are usually intimate 1-2 times a week). Then, we go through this time where all he does is hug me with no kissing really. He lives for the hugs i give him, but the kisses, it's meh sometimes, most of the time.

What is happening with my friend here?

Thank you for your time and attention to my message, Nicolette.

Answer
Hi Marni!

Thanks for writing in, and choosing me to answer your question. :)

From what you've described in your letter, it seems that the two of you may not be on the same page with your relationship.  It seems like he's not looking for something as serious or committed as you might be, rather, that he's looking to be a bit more casual at this time. In other words, he's not ready for that level of intimacy you crave just yet.  You don't want to pressure him into anything he's not ready for, so what I would suggest is just initiate some kissing with him, albeit very slowly. Otherwise, he will feel pressured and back away.  Also, he probably has no idea that you like kissing as much as you do. So, show him! In situations that concern matters of the heart, it's better to show a man what you want rather than tell him. Telling him often makes him feel inadequate and that he can't get it right. But if you show him what you want, he's more likely to get what you're saying and give you what you want. :)

I hope this helps Marni, and if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help.

Always,   Nicolette

How to Know if He/She Really Likes You

Nicolette