How to Know if He/She Really Likes You/Crush

Question
I've been helping this girl in my class with school stuff for a while but a couple weeks ago we started talking on a more personal level. We are both shy but we have no problem talking to eachother. We usually tease one another and I really like being around her. She hasn't really engaged in much physical contact other than hugging. We flirt a lot but I'm not sure if she's just being nice. She also just got out of a relationship about two months ago and I'm not sure wether that affects her feelings for me. At school we try to spend time together in between classes but hardly find enough time. I don't know wether to ask her out on a date yet, I don't want to move too fast and scare her but I also don't want to move to slow and have her lose interest. The other day I was walking to class with her when another student asks her out on a date, she turned him down, but I'm not sure if it's because she isn't ready for another relationship or if it is because she likes me. I also don't know if I should engage in more physical contact maybe to assure her of my feelings of her.

Answer
Hi Gale,

None but the brave, my friend! I can tell you that most women don't flirt with men that they're not interested in on some level or another. So, the fact that she's even flirting and engaging with you at all, is a pretty good indicator that you've got a chance with her, I think. Sure, she's shy, but that's your perfect opportunity to show her that she doesn't have to be shy with you, because you have good intentions. As I said, none but the brave - go ahead and ask her out. Don't be pressing about it, like she HAS to go on a date with you, but ask her in such a way that you make it her choice. Tell her you would love her company doing x y and z, and see what she says. I do think you've got a pretty good chance of getting your yes, though, Gale. :)

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help.

Always,

Nicolette.

How to Know if He/She Really Likes You

Nicolette