How to Know if He/She Really Likes You/Help me 2

Question
Okay so I've just sent you a question and you replied but I couldn't open my email address to ask you a follow up one. It's about the guy ignoring me and stuff.
So I decided to send you another question and I hope you remember me :)
He called me two days ago and he was showing me that I was wrong. He was like I'm the one who calls you on the phone every time and you never called me! And then he said I'm the one who has exams so you're the one who should ask about me and stuff ..
and then he used to tell me about a girl who likes him but he doesn't like her back, I asked him about her and then he said that she told him she's writing a poem for his birthday and she's gonna send it to him on his birthday and he was like .. You should learn from this and I told him I don't know how to write poems and he said you read books and you don't know how to write poem *sarcastic way* and then he was like I'm joking don't bring me anything for my birthday and stuff.
What do you think he wants from me? Should I ignore him again? Should I get him something for his birthday? Can you help me pick him a gift if I'm gonna get him something. I don't know what he likes and I want to get him something that will make him remember me and will make him happy. But if u think I shouldn't get him something then I won't. Please help me. I don't know if he likes me or not and I don't know how should I act with him.
Thanks again :)

Answer
Hi Sarah,

Well, I'll be perfectly honest with you - it does seem to me as if he is interested in you on the one hand. On the other hand, however, based on both of your letters, it sounds to me like he's not looking for a relationship, or to get serious at this time. He likes having you attention, and of course, your company.  If I were you, I wouldn't invest too much energy into him at this time,as he may hurt you.  If you truly want to give him something for his birthday, I see no problem that. However, I would caution you to stay away from any kind of gift that could be construed as romantic. I would consider getting him a gag gift, or a gift that will have him laughing.  If you know anything about him that's funny, or if you have any inside jokes between you, this will help you significantly. It will also take a lot of that pressure off of you to find the ''perfect gift.''

Again,  I do think he likes you, but he's not going not going to take you very seriously right now.  So because of this, I would be careful with him and only give him what he earns, when he earns it.

Always,

Nicolette.

How to Know if He/She Really Likes You

Nicolette