How to Know if He/She Really Likes You/did writing him a note make me look like the biggest wuss?

Question
Hi again! I am the woman who has asked you about a man I work with whom I like but am very shy about flirting and going to talk to him. I told you I gave him a card and said I was having a get-together and that he was invited. And inside was a note I wrote telling him how I felt and I asked him out and gave him my number. I am not a teenager or even younger-I am in my thirties!!  Was it a dumb, cowardly move of me to write the note rather than coming out and verbally asking him? I just am so, so shy about making the very first move and about flirting. This is why I wrote the note instead. Do I look like a total wuss now?? Probably so. Please give me your honest opinion and thoughts. Even if it's not what I want to hear. I want the truth. By the way, I don't know if he opened the card yet or not. It's been a day since I gave it to him. But he has been very busy working as well. I saw him today as he was leaving. I was busy with customers and as he was leaving several feet away, he looked over at me and waved but I have no idea if that means anything whatsoever. I don't think I will see him for a couple days. When I see him next, unless I hear from him before then, I AM definitely going to ask him if he opened the card. It will be later at night so I think I will have a chance to talk for a minute. Anyway , please tell me what you think of writing this note. Thanks so much!

Answer
Holley,

Why do you think that writing him a note makes you look like a wuss? Actually, since you two are so busy and all, writing him a note might have been a great way to go about it, because reading the card will force him to stop, slow down,and truly take notice of you. And, I guarantee that a note, as opposed to a face to face conversation, will have him thinking of you - especially when you're not around. :)  So no, Holley, in my honest opinion, I don't think it was a bad move to give the card. In fact, it may very well have helped to give you the impact on him that you needed. :)

I'm about to answer your other question, and I'll get a bit more in detail there. In the meantime, keep your chin up, and try not to over-think things. :)

Always,

Nicolette.

How to Know if He/She Really Likes You

Nicolette