How to Know if You`re Really in Love/my relationship with my husband.

Question
My husband and I have had our share of bumpy roads to get past, especially since we are both in the military and have had a baby. But recently (past week or so) I've started to have weird dreams of my ex's and all the bad choices I've made relationship wise. I mean I've never really had a straight guy friend who I hadn't done something with at one point or another (whether i really wanted to or not). But I stopped making guy friends after me and my husband got serious. Untill recently that is, and my concern is what if I don't/cant stop the guy IF he does do anything. I mean I've never tried to stop it before (ever) and I'm scared ill fail. But I wouldn't even consider it rape or anything like that, because I would be letting it happen. And I told my husband all of this and now he "can't trust" me. And why would he? I've failed him as a wife. I feel ashamed and unfaithful to him and nothings even happened! Any advice?

Answer
Charity,

I hope this message finds you well, and if you are well, I hope you are peaceful. If not, Try meditating. Meditating means not asking, not listening, not praying--just sitting and breathing and granting your mind and heart some rest. After a time, answers will come--clear ones. Listen to them--unless they are not peaceful answers. Don't listen to ego, anger, violence (not that you necessarily would).

Love comes in two ways:

1. The Attraction that is pure, from intellect, emotion, affinity, and compatibility, and;
2. Discipline. If you cannot decide to say 'yes' and 'no' at the right times, you cannot love--not well.

You are ready to do numbers one and two when you feel confident in yourself. If you are dating to feel worth, you are on a path that will go in  circle. You have to be complete in your sense of self, your morals, your integrity, and your dedication to what will make you happy. If you are looking for all that in someone else--thinking it will rub off on you, it will only leave you chasing different people--because you cannot find all that in one person unless it is a best friend of high caliber or unless that best friend loves you passionately as a lover.

You must be complete in yourself, fist. It sounds to me as if you are not--and that is why you allow anyone to do anything he wants with you. You need self-control in order to love. You are not making mistakes by sleeping with different men; infidelity is not a mistake. It is a condition of inner behavior. If you love yourself, you will not hurt yourself by hurting your relationship with one who loves you.

If you are sleeping around because you do not have a man you love, well then that is just playing the field, but you don't sound like that is what you are doing. It sounds to me like you cannot stop.

Meditate, and ask yourself what you are seeking. And don't answer. Let your heart tell you. Let your inner mind say so--your unconscious. Once you have the answer, find a way to achieve it. If you find a man who is going in the same direction and you love him and he loves you, do things with him--and only him.

I gave you a lot to think about, but not a lot to do: Rest, Meditate, Listen, and Follow Your heart (not your sex, necessarily).

How to Know if You`re Really in Love

Mando (Carl Atteniese Jr.)