Kung Fu/Starting Kung Fu Late

Dave Tootell wrote at 2013-12-04 10:50:19
Can I just say that this was exactly the same question I wanted to ask,and I'd like to thank both Francis and Sifu Richard Mier-King respectively for a great question and an  excellent, informative (not to mention inspirational!) answer.I will also follow the advice and once again,many thanks,

Kung Fu

Sifu Richard Mieir-King

Since 1971 I have been involved, trained and instructed in 5 Animal 5 Family Kung Fu and can answer questions on subjects such as Qi Gong, Hand Conditioning (Iron Palm and herbal practices), Southern Kung Fu Systems, Weapons, 5 Animal 5 Family Kung Fu, health aspects of Kung Fu and fighting aspects of Kung Fu, and various techniques. Our system is based on the 5 major Animal Styles which are Tiger, Dragon, Snake, Leopard, and Crane. We also teach a variety of other animal styles such as Black Bird, Peacock, Horse, Donkey, Elephant, Ram (also called Small Cross Set) and other Animal Styles. Besides Animal forms we also teach forms such as Butterfly Palm, Praying Mantis, Combination, Crab, and others. The Family Forms we teach are Hung Gar, Choy Gar, Li Gar, Fut Gar and Muk Gar. We also teach a variety of weapons such as Staff, Quarter Staff, single and double batons, Spear, 3 Sectional Staff, Kwan Dao, Darn Dao and Darn Gim, Nunchaku, Iron Sais (Gen), Chain Whip, Kwan Dao, Darn Dao, Single and Double Daggers, Chinese Wand, Axes, and more. Kung Fu is a way of balancing Body, Mind and Spirit.

Teaching Kung-Fu, Tai Chi and Chi Kung since 1981 Teaching Kung Fu and Tai Chi to law enforcement, prison and military personnel for fighting, health and stress reduction. Instruction in Kung Fu, Tai Chi and Chi Kung in group and private settings. Offering Corporate Wellness Classes, stress reduction, etc., to businesses. Working in medical clinics offering instruction in proper physical structure and movement, breathing techniques to reduce stress and pain, achieve better sleep and improve healing. Instruction via DVD, online classes and more options for remote students.

American Tai Chi and Chi Kung Association World Street Combat Organization Latin American Martial Arts Society

ATTU's American Martial Arts Masters Magazine

Began instruction at 12 in the early 1970's in Kung Fu, Tai Chi and Chi Kung

Congressional Award of Special Recognition State Assembly of California Award of Recognition Florida Hall of Fame International Black Belt Hall of Fame Lexington Who's Who World Street Combat Organization recognition as a combat oriented instrutor

Besides teaching the general public we have taught law enforcement officers, prison guards, boarder patrol agents, and bouncers. Functional restoration and rehabilitation in medical clinics for patients. Corporate wellness classes for industry. There have been diverse clients with equally diverse needs.