Kung Fu/Chi

Question
Hello,
I am trying to find information on "Chi Deviations" as well as "Energetic Healing" and "Energetic First Aid".  I have been searching alot on the internet but I must not be searching correctly because I am finding little if any information.  Can you point me in the right direction, or can you give me some information on these subjects.  Thank you for your help!

Answer
Hi Tom,
All I can do is give you my opinion. I'm a Tai Chi instructor, I've studied acupuncture, and I have practiced chi kung since 1987. I just celebrated my 40th anniversary of studying and practicing martial arts.

There is no such thing as energetic healing. In my opinion, it is a scam. Likewise, energetic first aid.

You see, I apply the same critical thinking skills to the subject of chi that I apply to religious claims of invisible beings. And from all the evidence, both are the realm of fantasy.

That's why no credible, double-blind, independently verifiable studies have ever shown that chi is real or chi healing is real.

Chi Kung works because you ease stress. But it only improves the health as much as relieving stress does. When you ease stress and calm down, and center yourself, your health improves. Otherwise, humans always create elaborate schemes and rituals to make it all seem real, and people who we think are figures of authority tell us it is so. But it isn't.

I would pursue healing techniques that are backed up by real science.

Good luck. Please ask more questions if you have them.

Ken  

Kung Fu

Ken Gullette