La Femme Nikita/Why did Roy Dupuis leave the show as cast regular for S5?

M Dodds wrote at 2014-07-21 06:45:28
I saw an interview with one of the writers and he said it was their decision to keep Roy off the beginning episodes because they wanted to focus on Nikita's storyline with her Father.  Roy was willing to come back for all of Season 5.  Since he wasn't in these episodes he finally got a chance to direct an episode in Season 5 which he had always wanted to do but it was too difficult when he was in most every scene in prior seasons.  

La Femme Nikita

Genie