Lab Tests/Blood work results

EOS is 7 as compared to 0-3 normal range  What does this mean?
RDW 11.9 ""   ""        12-17 normal range. ""    """

EOS stands for eosinophil, which is a type of while blood cell. Eosinophils are high when the patient has a parasitic infection, or when the patient has an allergic condition.

The RDW is close enough to the reference range that it should be considered normal by your doctor. RDW stands for random cell distribution width. If the RDW is high, the red blood cells are larger than normal. This can indicate conditions such as B12 anemia. If the RDW is low, the red blood cells are smaller than normal. This could indicate conditions such as iron deficiency anemia.

-- Beth

Lab Tests

Beth , MT (ASCP) (5)

I can answer questions about the purpose of a certain lab test and what an abnormal result could indicate. I cannot make a diagnosis.

I recently earned my BS degree in clinical laboratory science. I did rotations in medical laboratories as a student.

I have a BS in clinical laboratory science, with a minor in chemistry. I am certified with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists.