Lab Tests/BLOOD TEST RESULTS

Question
My results are: WBC Esterase Negative A 2 +. What does this mean. Is it good or bad.

Answer
I'm guessing you did a urinalysis where they tested WBC Esterase. When it is positive it can mean 1 of 2 things- 1 The sample of urine was not performed using a clean catch technique (likely if you do not have signs/symptoms of a urinary tract infection) OR  2- you have a mild urinary tract infection, signs and symptoms would include burning during urination, blood during urination, pain during urination ect.

Sometimes it's a lab error, sometimes you have an infection that your body is naturally fighting off. It very much depends on your signs/symptoms to be correlated with your results.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Sincerely,
Dr. Kalli Prater, D.C.  

Lab Tests

Dr.Kalli Prater