Lab Tests/different labs

How much difference is there in lab results between different labs (Labcorp vs Quest), for routine tests like lipids and glucose? Or should they be about the same?  Thanks

If there is a difference, and there can be between labs, it is coming in their "reference ranges" for testing. Most labs calculate the reference ranges based on the average of the tests run through the lab, so there should be small differences if any especially on standard labs such as lipids and glucose. Otherwise labs are standardized in the way they analyze the materials for the tests. Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Kalli Prater

Lab Tests

Dr.Kalli Prater

I can answer questions about routine lab work, functional lab ranges for optimal health, what lab tests should be considered and when you need to seek a second opinion. I can also answer questions about specialty testing like: stool testing, hormone testing, and saliva testing.

I run lab tests in my office as a functional medicine practitioner and use functional lab ranges looking for patient's optimal health not their disease. I review many charts and labs and look at trends through the years as well as current symptoms. Usually I find more things on labs that the traditional doctor that correlate to the patient's concerns/issues.

American Chiropractic Association

Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine, B.S. in sports Medicine.