Lab Tests/different labs

Question
How much difference is there in lab results between different labs (Labcorp vs Quest), for routine tests like lipids and glucose? Or should they be about the same?  Thanks

Answer
If there is a difference, and there can be between labs, it is coming in their "reference ranges" for testing. Most labs calculate the reference ranges based on the average of the tests run through the lab, so there should be small differences if any especially on standard labs such as lipids and glucose. Otherwise labs are standardized in the way they analyze the materials for the tests. Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Kalli Prater
www.relaxattranquility.com

Lab Tests

Dr.Kalli Prater