Land Rover Repair/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
2003 land rover freelander2/9/2017John Elder Robison
  Q: I parked my 2003 freelander in garage on night and the next day when I went to drive it the motor ...
  A: I'm sorry to say those cars have chronic internal engine problems, and they have external problems ...
Fault Code1/4/2017John Elder Robison
  Q: Just in time for inspection...2004 Discovery SE. Check engine light on. Check for codes with ...
  A: The code you cite is not a a standard OBD code; you would need to look in the information that came ...
P38 wont power up12/2/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: after driving my 96 range rover and getting back home I turned it off and locked it a few minutes ...
  A: Fuse box failures are common in older P38 trucks. The BECM could also be messed ups as you suggest. ...
DHC11/18/2016John McInnis
  Q: I'm from Portugal, and i bought a Discovery II Td5 of the year 1999, my question is about the DHC ...
  A: Ol Joo! Here are a few links that may help you with your HDC problems: ...
temperature guage11/11/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: I wish to put a numbered temperature guage in my 2004 discovery se as the original one gives me a ...
  A: I have never found the factory gauges to be inadequate. If you question the accuracy of your gauge ...
05 rangerover10/7/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: i disconnected the battery with key on and now it will not crank i need some help!
  A: By cutting battery power in that way, you have probably caused a misalignment between the EWS ...
Cd exchanger10/6/2016John McInnis
  Q: On radio it says no discs on all discs
  A: could need an intense cleaning, or it could be a mechanical fault. Other others have had this ...
1997 5 speed discovery9/27/2016John McInnis
  Q: John, can you or someone please tell me how many 1997 discoveries with a 5 speed manual transmission ...
  A: check out www.lrfaq.org for more info. 1997: about 58,352 Disco's made, 14,703 sent to LRNA, ...
2003 Land Rover SE79/6/2016John McInnis
  Q: I am considering buying a used Land Rover SE7 for $3,400. It has 130k miles on it. This truck would ...
  A: You are taking a very expensive risk buying that vehicle. You already can hear engine sounds that ...
1999 Land Rover Discovery 28/20/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: Sir i asked before about Land Rover Discovery 2 problems car is sluggish, Hill Descent light, TC ...
  A: To speak to your various questions : The cylinder 6 and 8 misfires are first addressed with new ...
starter, radio on when engine off, damp under dash boar8/11/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: We have a 2000 Discovery II and the engine turned off, then wouldn't start again. I walked passed ...
  A: It sounds like you may have some kind of water damage to your electrical system. The starter should ...
engine trouble7/25/2016John McInnis
  Q: When I start to crank the vehicle the motor turns and turns but then final hits and then dies the I ...
  A: When's the last time you had your LR tuned? Air filter good? Fuel filter ok? It could be fuel/air ...
1999 Land Rover Discovery 27/19/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: Sir i own a land Rover Discovery 2 and right now the car is having trouble going up hills: the ...
  A: Your first step should be to find a qualified Land Rover service facility. They will have the ...
brakes giving me alot of feed bake when braking7/15/2016John McInnis
  Q: hey i have 99 disco v8i model when im braking usually when engines cold it feels like theres air or ...
  A: does it feel like the ABS system is locking up your brakes? Like a pulsation or is the pedal too ...
researching range rover sport 2011-20137/7/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: John, I live in MS and researching range rover sports 2011-2013. I owned an '03 discovery years ...
  A: The 2011-13 trucks are the last iteration of that body style, and are largely identical. You should ...
no reverse6/20/2016John McInnis
  Q: my 2002 landrover has no reverse what should i do Why would a land rover have forward gears ...
  A: How long has this been a problem? Are there any dashboard indicators that you are having a ...
2013 Range Rover Sport oddity/need help6/18/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: 2013 Range Rover Sport....just got it. I have no clue how to use it or what settings mean. Randomly ...
  A: There is no obvious clue to a problem in what you write. My suggestion would be that you take the ...
Overheating5/25/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: Good day Mr.robison. Thank you for your quick response on my I initial question. You suggested that ...
  A: The situation you describe sounds like water is not filling the heater core, which may mean the ...
Range rover ingition key remote5/21/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: I own a 2008 RR supercharged full size with the 4.2 V8 engine. When I purchased the vehicle, only 1 ...
  A: What the dealer told you is correct. They will have to follow the diagnostic process to find out ...
Head gasket and dashboard lights5/17/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: Mr. Robison, Hope you don't mind me combining 2 different types of questions. So, here goes - I'm ...
  A: A proper repair to the engine will cost 13k in a shop like ours. Google "Land Rover liner ...
Air in cooling system5/6/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: Good day Mr. Robinson. I have a 2000 land Rover Discovery which has been running hot ever since I ...
  A: The system should be self bleeding. Drive round with the heat on high to make sure there is water ...
o2 heate sensor not cycling4/19/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: I have a 1996 range rover 4.0 se and I need o have I smog but some how the computer cycle wont ...
  A: The only way to answer your question will be to connect a diagnostic computer and look at the live ...
Transmission Fault4/5/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: I recently got a Land Rover LR3 2009 model. The car drives fine until I embark on a journey of more ...
  A: The incorrect gear ratio faults often indicate slippage in the gearbox, which is an internal ...
HDC Fault3/30/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: I have a range rover sport 2008 2.7TD. I drive it for around 4-5 miles and the HDC fault indicator ...
  A: The only way to diagnose this is with the Land Rover dedicated test system. They can talk to the HDC ...
parking brake cable removal2/26/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: I'm working on a wheel bearing on a 2008 land rover LR2 HSE and I am trying to get the RR brake ...
  A: We often find that the cables are rusted in place, and you have to cut them out. When you do, the ...
New Tires2/15/2016John McInnis
  Q: I just had two rear tires replaced. After the air-suppression fault warning came on stating normal ...
  A: did you buy the tires from a Land Rover Dealer? I doubt that any other tire mechanic would even ...
2008 Range Rover Screen Stuck on LR logo2/11/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: The screen on my 2008 Range Rover Hse has been stuck on the Land Rover screen for a few months now. ...
  A: If the screen is stuck on the startup display the nav head unit has most likely failed. Isn't that ...
Fuel Injection1/25/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: John, I would like to put a 4.6 in my 1980 MGB however the 4.6 FE will not fit under the hood. Will ...
  A: Right, within that window there are GEMS and Bosch engines. There is no difference re 4.0/4.6. ...
01 discovery 2 se gas 4.01/22/2016John McInnis
  Q: Just ran out of gas 2days ago,i put 2.5 gals of gas back in the truck and tried to start it up and ...
  A: I believe you have to press the inertia switch to reset fuel system. Check your owner manual. ...
Rust1/10/2016John Elder Robison
  Q: We have a 07 Ranger Rover all wheel drive that my wife got after her dad passed away. He wanted my ...
  A: This is what we do at Robison Service: We start by removing all the plastic shields and covers, ...
Dashboard lights12/24/2015John McInnis
  Q: I have a 2000 Land Rover Discrovery2 I love these trucks. I wanted to see what these light mean when ...
  A: so sorry for the delay in my response... Those warning lights can be a nightmare to some owners. ...
electrical problems12/10/2015John McInnis
  Q: my 98 disco 1 the left indicator lights stay on when the head lights are on. what do I do
  A: sorry for the late response. Usually, when indicator lights fail it indicates trouble with the ...
1973 LR series III; driving home; stopped dead11/14/2015John Elder Robison
  Q: I'm resurrecting an old one. It's been starting well and running well (after many repair). New ...
  A: The L light being on steady probably means one of the left bulbs is out. I doubt it has any ...
Discovery 2 Key Problem11/10/2015John Elder Robison
  Q: 2003 D2, sporadically the key fails to turn fully in the ignition switch. Usually can overcome ...
  A: In my experience the problem is most often the column lock assembly, not the key. If I am right in ...
Intermittent steering wheel vibration11/8/2015John McInnis
  Q: hope you can make a suggestion. I have a 2010 discovery 4. Over the last 18 months the vehicle has ...
  A: nice vehicle BTW. As to precisely what causes steering vibrations (death wobble) under power, ...
Discovery 2 remorse programming10/30/2015John McInnis
  Q: Help!! Just bought my daughter a beautiful 2004 Discovery 2. Problem is that it only came with one ...
  A: check to see if it's just a fuse problem. Pull out 'central door locking' fuse #1 (25A, white), ...
car revs up but no acceleration in drive10/28/2015John McInnis
  Q: I have 2009 land Rover lr2. My check engine light came on and my abs light is on, the vehicle revs ...
  A: it could be the TPS (throttle position sensor), hence the reason the TC, HDC and ABS are affected. ...
Why Gas pedal does not work in my 2001 Land Rover Discovery II ?9/28/2015John McInnis
  Q: I have 2001 Land Rover discovery II( LE7 ) V8 , and tonight during driving to home , the gas pedal ...
  A: that sounds like the throttle cable may have broken or come loose. There's an inner cable from the ...
brake bleeding9/21/2015John Elder Robison
  Q: I have a disco 2 99 wish I change all the calibers ( completed brake job).My problem is I keep ...
  A: You need to activate the ABS pump to remove air from the system. In our shop we use the Land Rover ...
1996 Range Rover 4.6 HSE9/1/2015John Elder Robison
  Q: John, My Range Rover has a voltage drop about every 15-18 seconds when running. I notice it most if ...
  A: What you should do is put a clamp on current probe in the power line and determine if the voltage ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

Top Expert on this page