Land Rover Repair/landrover boot lock

le sorcier wrote at 2009-12-28 12:21:13
Hi Mandy,

i have the same problem - 2006 Disco 3 - boot jammed shut but can hear the boot trying to open.  Did you have any luck or did you take it to a main dealer??

Deperate as I have all my riding tack in the boot.

pete wrote at 2012-12-30 20:39:06
Disco 3 rear tail gate not opening problem is the cable between the motor and catch has broken (common problem) you have to break in to the tail gate from inside cut through the panel in the centre of the lower part of tail gate

you can then get to the cable , it is best to remove the flap that covers the gap between the floor and tail gate if you pull it back in towards the inside of car you can get to the screws . you will have to bye a new panel and cable

but i think the cable comes with a new motor . The land rover main dealer will have all the parts on the shelf as it is that much of a problem . If you get the parts first you will see why you have to damage  the panel . will take about 1 hour

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis