Land Rover Repair/Disco 2 v8 vibration

Good day John,

I have a 2000 model Disco 2 v8 Automatic.
When decelerating from 120Km/h the car has a vibration.
This vibration also appears when cruising at speeds from 115km/h and higher although not as bad as when decelerating.
Once I excelerate the vibation is gone.
The front p/shaft has been completely rebuilt with greasable u/joints including the little round bearing in the double joint.

Your advise on solving the problem is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

I'd still check that propshaft carefully.  All it takes is a few thousandths of an inch out of true to make those shafts shake.  Also we see play in the pinion bearings and the output of the transfer case.  I'd look close at all those things.  Here in the USA we usually replace the shafts because we cannot rebuild those double u joints to run true

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.