Land Rover Repair/01 land rover

I have a 01 land rover discovery. It was driving fine and just stopped driving  as if I had no tran fluid The MS and D light flashing and won't move either way/ limp mode. I have 3 codes P1884 P0103 P0722.

Check engine codes do not provide guidance for diagnosing transmission troubles.  If the engine runs, but the truck does not drive, you have a mechanical failure in the transmission, transfer case, driveshafts or axles.

Look under the truck while someone tries to move it and see if either driveshaft is moving.  If not, your failure is in the transmission or transfer case.  If so, put the truck in gear at idle and attempt to shift the transfer case,  If you hear it grind and it begins moving in low you have a case failure.

If none of those experiments reveal anything you are left with transmission failure.  This is a mechanical problem, not an electronic one

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.