Land Rover Repair/Engine not starting

Question
Sir, Also a scanner was plugged to my Range rover sport 2006 to check why it has refused to start and the problem it reads out says not able to connect with immobilizer. Please what does this mean, does it mean that the key has a problem? Your answer will be appreciated.

Answer
If you plugged in a factory-level scan tool and the tool could not connect to the immobilizer then you probably have an immobilizer fault.  Such a fault might prevent the truck from starting.  The immobilizer is the part that reads the key and sends a code to the engine control unit to allow starting; it is not the key itself.

If you have an immobilizer problem you will need a shop with properly trained staff and factory-level test equipment to sort it out.  That is not a home or corner garage sort of problem

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison