Land Rover Repair/lr3 not starting

i bought an accident damaged lr3 tdv6 hse 2007 model . the damage was only in front not very bad, after fixing it the car does not start it flashes hazards it does not even crank. i took the car to the garage which specialize with landrover and they told me that it needs a body control module , they fitted a new one but still its doing the same,what could be the problem

Hi Marshall,

it could be any number of faults that are causing this: ignition switch fault, security immobiliser, key fob fault, transmission shifter adjustment, even a low or weak battery can give you this problem.  I am leaning towards ignition switch as the cause.

Do you have a LR dealership nearby?  If your local independent LR mechanic can't find the problem you may have to take your LR3 to a (gulp) dealer.  

Best of luck,

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis

Land Rover Discovery. I've had most of the common mechanical failures, altenator, water leaks, wiper failure, door/hinge problems, roof rust, floor rust, loads of electrical problems. Remember, I'm not a dealer or a mechanic, just an owner like most of you.

Owner of a Discovery. I've had many mishaps with our Disco but I still like this vehicle. Talk to a fellow LR owner instead of a dealership rep. I'm not in this for the money. I'm just an owner who wants to help others.