Land Rover Repair/Speedometer display RR'99 4.0S

My speedometer LED display went blank today. Is there a bulb to replace or is it a fuse replacement? If itt is a bulb , how to? If is it a fuse, which one? The odometer light display in background work fine when headlights on.  

Thanks ahead for your time and knowledge.

Range Rover 1999 4.0S

There are two replaceable bulbs behind the odometer.  You have to remove the instrument cluster to get at them.  Expect about an hour job, nothing tricky to it.  The bulbs are special - best bet is to buy them first, from a Rover dealer or parts specialist.

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.