Land Rover Repair/REPLACED FUEL PUMP AND FILTER

Question
I have a 19965 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE, how would i check to see if the Inertia Switch is good or bad ?? I have spark, fuel pump is getting power but no gas is passing through the fuel rails. The vehicle wanted to start then it seemed like the fuel was cut off. Battery was dead for a long period of time ruffly about 2years. The customer does not have an alarm remote connected to his key. Had to break into the vehicle because customer had originally locked the key in the car. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you

Answer
If the fuel pump is getting power the inertia switch is not tripped.   If the pump has power, is it running?  You should be able to hear it.  If not you should check right across the power and ground terminal at the gas tank to ensure both power and ground make it into the tank.  If there's a solid 12 volts you have a bad pump.  If not, look for a wiring problem

Happy new year!

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison