I have a 19965 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE, how would i check to see if the Inertia Switch is good or bad ?? I have spark, fuel pump is getting power but no gas is passing through the fuel rails. The vehicle wanted to start then it seemed like the fuel was cut off. Battery was dead for a long period of time ruffly about 2years. The customer does not have an alarm remote connected to his key. Had to break into the vehicle because customer had originally locked the key in the car. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you

If the fuel pump is getting power the inertia switch is not tripped.   If the pump has power, is it running?  You should be able to hear it.  If not you should check right across the power and ground terminal at the gas tank to ensure both power and ground make it into the tank.  If there's a solid 12 volts you have a bad pump.  If not, look for a wiring problem

Happy new year!

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.