Land Rover Repair/Td5 Disco 2 vibration at 100 km/hr

Paulo wrote at 2012-09-04 04:25:26

You can lock diferencial in the transfer box to take off the front shaft and try. If persists, pu tit on again, take of the rear shaft. If persists probably a damaged tire with broken steel screens.

If persist check the weel rolling ball beering.

Wish it help.

By a inlove disco td5 owner

Paulo wrote at 2012-09-04 04:27:01

Wish it help.

By a inlove disco td5 owner

Charles Webster wrote at 2012-10-26 03:19:08
Hey John,

I hope you are well and happy. Glad to hear you had a good time in Brisbane at the writers festival, and I hope you did make it to Adelaide. It's a nice place.

Well after being away from home for many months I finally got time last week to find a competent tyre balancing shop and, as you predicted, most of the vibration problem disappeared with a proper wheel balance. All 4 wheels were out about the same amount. I thank you for your good advice. The remaining vibration is not too bad at all and I will let it manifest itself into a larger problem if it ever decides to.

I now have a 3 Amigos to hunt down, but that is not critical. I was advised to replace the WABCO ABS unit but when teh Amigos clear every time I stop and start, I can engage hill descent and the system works 100% correctly, which indicates to me there is not too much wrong with the ABS unit. It comes up with Right Front Wheel Sensor fault but this has been replaced including its wiring back to the ECM. I will look through your blogs on 3 Amigos and take it methodically.

If you are ever coming to Brisbane again let me know in advance and I can show you around if I am in town. That would be my pleasure.  

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison