Land Rover Repair/1999 disco dead

yes for about two months and when i say dead nothing works . the battery is about a year cables both pos and neg .According to the dealer its in super lock mode. iam probley the 2nd or 3rd owner.I concider myself a fair mech. ive got all the tools you need to do a job correctly.i rebuilt my toyota r22e and it still running today. anywayve done all i can think of trying to get its started. i like the auto.
so if you can help i be very gratful.

Discovery models do not have a superlock mode.  That is unique to the Range Rovers with two stage door latches.  What it may be in is regular security lockout mode.  Unfortunately, the only way to find that out and clear the situation is via the Land Rover test systems - Autologic, T4, or IDS.  So you're going to need a shop with that equipment to take the next step.

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.