Land Rover Repair/2002 range rover wipers stuck in middle of window

Question
I have  a 2002 range rover. The wipers are stuck in the middle of the window. (I turned them on before the window was all the way defrosted) They are still working but is there a way to get them back into the correct position before I blow the motors. I already did that to the back wiper by turning it on to the fastest speed to somehow magically get the wiper back in place...(yea it did not work) I really do not want to have to pay for new motors for the front now but I am thinking that if I keep trying to use them when they are not aligned correctly, I will blow those motors also (?) Things like this were so much easier before my husband passed two years ago.

Thank you for your help.

Answer
If the wipers are stuck in the middle of the window you have one of these possible problems:
- The fuse blew
- The wiper linkage broke and jammed
- The wiper motor failed
- The BECM (which controls the wipers) failed.

I'd go down that list step by step.  A fuse is cheap.  A new wiper motor is $3-500.  A new BECM is $2000+

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison