Land Rover Repair/2003 land rover dico

Question
yes I own a 2003 land rover has 118000 miles on it has a knocking sound coming from the eng after it sits over night and when starting it up it runs smooth for about ten or fifteen min then it starts a wiered knocking sound please tell me what you think it could be or should I just trash this beautiful truck ?

Answer
The knock could come from the exhaust (catalyst), something outside the motor (failing water pump) of it could signal an internal failure in the engine.  I'd have to see it in our shop to know whats going on.  As for "trashing the truck," all those things are repairable; your first step is to find a capable Land Rover specialist.  Find out what's wrong, and what it may cost to fix.  Then make an informed decision.

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison