Land Rover Repair/2003 land rover dico

yes I own a 2003 land rover has 118000 miles on it has a knocking sound coming from the eng after it sits over night and when starting it up it runs smooth for about ten or fifteen min then it starts a wiered knocking sound please tell me what you think it could be or should I just trash this beautiful truck ?

The knock could come from the exhaust (catalyst), something outside the motor (failing water pump) of it could signal an internal failure in the engine.  I'd have to see it in our shop to know whats going on.  As for "trashing the truck," all those things are repairable; your first step is to find a capable Land Rover specialist.  Find out what's wrong, and what it may cost to fix.  Then make an informed decision.

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.