Land Rover Repair/94 range rover lwb A/C

Hi 94 range rover lwb, ac compressor will not engage. It is fully charged. relays are fine, ac diode pack, i have no idea how to test. I did have an alternator failure, while driving all went dead slowly. Then all off, i heard many relays clicking away under dash as it had so little voltage. replaced alternator. ac clutch not engaging. There are two wires to dryer, I assume pressure switch? two more wires branch off from this and go nowhere but they have an end that has a jumper wire on it? it will cycle clutch with my friends tester connected to pressure switch, even though it is not 12 volt powered test light..this seems so odd. also i just replaced with rebuilt engine as well. is there a ground for ac someplace. or is there some fuse unknown to me(fuse link) help

The wiring diagrams for that car are in a separate electrical troubleshooting book - they are not in the workshop manual.  Get an electrical book and trace the power and ground.  There is no computer in the circuit; it's a matter of following the signal from dash switch to pressure switches to compressor, etc.   I expect you will find a broken connection, either in a supply or ground.  It's common to have connection troubles in the fusebox itself.

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.