Land Rover Repair/coil to dizzy amp pigtail

I have a 1993 disco and am trying to replace an old brittle coil to distributor amp pigtail. The original is approx 2" in length. 2 wire shielded cable where the shield is also used as a ground. I have been unable to locate a new replacement. I was inquiring if Robinsons' has them for sale or could make one to sale?

At this point I think you may need to get it as part of a distributor or as a part of the trigger if you can find that.  I'm sure we could make something - as could many skilled techs - but if you spend an hour or two at $100 an hours (or whatever rate prevails where you live) that's a large part of the cost of a distributor from Rovers North

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.